40 CAL (S&W) AMMO FOR SALE IN STOCK
AMMO MATTERS: CHOOSE THE RIGHT 40 CAL PISTOL AMMO
The.40 Cal (Smith & Wesson) ammo is a well-known cartridge among American law enforcement agencies and is also well-liked by civilians for self-defense and sporting purposes.
Here at bulkcheapammostore.com, you can stock up on top-quality 40 Cal ammunition cheaply. We stock the most well-known brands of ammo, such as Hornady, Winchester, and Federal Premium. There has never been a better opportunity to purchase with us online since most orders over $1,700 qualify for FREE SHIPPING!
WHAT IS THE 40 CAL AMMO
The 40 Cal ammo or the .40 S&W is a rimless pistol round created primarily as a law enforcement load meant to serve as a compromise between the larger 10mm Auto cartridge and the smaller 9mm Parabellum cartridge. This cartridge has a bullet diameter of 10mm with bullet grain weight ranging between 115 to 200 grains, depending on the cartridge type.
WHAT IS THE 40 CAL USED FOR
40 cal ammunition is commonly used by law enforcement and the military for self-defense and combat situations. Recreational shooters also use it for target practice and competitions.
Some handguns and rifles are specially designed for use with 40-Cal ammunition. It is popular among gun owners due to its relatively high stopping power and manageable recoil.
40 CAL AMMUNITION BALLISTICS PERFORMANCE
The 40 S&W cartridge is popular among law enforcement agencies and civilians for self-defense. It is known for combining an energy advantage over the 9mm and the 45 ACP with less recoil than the 10mm. Typically, the muzzle velocity of a 40 S&W round is around 990 ft/s, and its 180-grain bullet delivers kinetic energy of about 392 ft lbf. The bullet weight of a 40 Cal ammo ranges from 115gr to 200gr, with most being in the upper range and the average being 165gr. The bullet has an average speed of over 1,000ft/s, making it faster than the 45 ACP.
- Case type; Rimless, straight
- Parent case; 10mm Auto
- Case length; 21.6 mm (.850 in)
- Case capacity; 1.25 cm3
- Overall length; 28.8 mm (1.135 in )
- Bullet diameter; 10.2 mm (.400 in)
- Base diameter; 10.8 mm (.424 in)
- Neck diameter; 10.7 mm ( .423 in )
- Land diameter; 9.9 mm (.390 in)
- Rim thickness; 1.4 mm (.055 in )
- Rim diameter; 10.8 mm (.424 in )
- Rifling twist; 406 mm (1-16 in)
- Primer type; small pistol
- Maximum pressure; 35,000 psi
40 CAL AMMUNITION BULLET GRAIN PERFORMANCES
Standard bullet grain weights for 40 Cal ammunition include:
- 135 grain: This lighter-weight bullet can achieve higher velocities and flatter trajectories. It is often used in competition shooting events where speed and accuracy are essential;
- 155 grain: This mid-weight bullet balances velocity and stopping power. It is a popular choice for self-defense and law enforcement applications;
- 165 grain: The slightly heavier bullet weight of the 40 Cal ammo for sale offers good penetration and stopping power. It is also a popular choice for self-defense and law enforcement;
- 180 grain: This heavier-weight bullet offers the most stopping power and penetration. It is often used by law enforcement and military personnel.
The bullet grain weight can affect the overall ballistics performance of the 40 Cal ammunition, including muzzle velocity, muzzle energy, and accuracy. It is vital to choose a bullet weight that is appropriate for your intended use and firearm.
HANDGUNS THAT SHOOT 40 CAL AMMO
Due to the popularity of this ammunition among civilians, shooters, hunters and law enforcement officers, several brands produce pistols that shoot this ammunition. Some of the most popular 40 Cal handguns for this ammo are;
- Beretta PX4 Compact Carry
- Sig Sauer P226
- Walther PPQ M2
- Smith & Wesson M&P 40 M2.0
- Charter Arms Pitbull
- Glock 27
- Kahr PM40
ADVANTAGES OF 40 CAL (S&W) AMMO
Some benefits of using 40 Cal ammunition include:
- Stopping power:40 Cal ammunition is known for its ability to stop prey or threat effectively due to its relatively high power;
- Low Recoil:Compared to other calibers, such as the 45 ACP, 40 Cal ammunition has a manageable recoil that makes it easier for shooters to handle;
- Magazine capacity:With its smaller cartridge size than larger calibers like 45 ACP, firearms that use 40 Cal ammunition can accommodate a larger magazine capacity;
- Versatility:40 Cal ammunition can be used in a variety of firearms, including semi-automatic pistols and some rifles;
WHICH IS MORE POWERFUL, 40 CAL AMMO OR 9MM?
The 40 Cal ammo for sale is more powerful than the 9mm Parabellum.
When comparing identical brands and designs, the.40 Cal round typically penetrates deeper and expands more, giving it more stopping power (while this is generally true, there are some situations in which the 9mm may penetrate deeper). It also has a bigger bullet (.40 inch vs..380 inches). Even though the 40 Cal ammo is considered a powerful ammunition, it has a heavier recoil than the 9mm.
BEST 40 CAL AMMO GRAIN
The.40 S&W ammo, like many others, is available in various weights, from 115 to 200 grain. Although the round’s typical weight is 180 gr, we recommend the 165 gr since it has less recoil and is generally simpler to handle.
The.40 Cal or 40 S&W cartridge is a multipurpose round that works well for civilian hunting, self-defense, and military uses. The.40 Cal ammo may be used in several situations because of the wide variety of bullet weights and types available.
Thanks to its excellent ballistics, it is useful for taking down targets quickly. Our premium quality 40 Cal ammo in stock is safe, reliable, accurate and powerful to meet your needs. Whether you’re an experienced hunter, a competitive shooter, or a military specialist, this pistol cartridge will be a plus to your ammo collection. It will deliver superb results on the field. Make your order immediately to benefit from our fantastic discounts and free shipping on bulk orders.