300 PRC AMMO FOR SALE
Welcome to bulk cheap ammo shop, your leading reliable and premium ammunition supplier. We have the best collection of 300 PRC ammo to provide you with maximum performance in stock and ready to ship. Whether you are a competitive shooter, hunter, old gun owner, or newbie in the firearm and ammunition world, who needs ammo for a hunting trip, shooting range, or just for your collection, we have the perfect option for you. Trust our experts at bulk cheap ammo shop to provide you with the best quality 300 PRC loads in the market from top ammo manufacturers.
With our unbeatable prices and customer service, you can be sure that your ammo selection will be preformatted every time. Shop now and get the best ammo for your firearm today!
WHAT IS 300 PRC AMMO?
PRC in ammo means Precision Rifle Cartridge, so the 300 PRC or Precision Rifle Cartridge is a new centerfire rifle load caliber developed in 2018 by the ammo manufacturing company Hornady.
It is a load created for long-range precision shooting, offering excellent accuracy and reliable performance in several fields. Thanks to the loads’ versatile nature and outstanding performance, it has gained popularity rapidly and become the go-for choice amongst target shooters and hunters. The 300 PRC ammo has a .308 Winchester parent case that is necked down to .300 inches and has a rebated rim that works with modern magazine systems.
300 PRC AMMO HISTORY
The 300 PRC ammo was created in 2018 by Hornady Manufacturing to answer the needs of shooters requesting a .30 caliber long-range round with more accuracy than the already existing .308 Winchester. The 300 PRC load was designed to address that sort of job.
Before this cartridge was conceptualized and designed, there already existed .30 calibers like the .300 Winchester, which was good for long-range shooting but could not be used for extreme long-range targeting and did not have a high Bullet coefficient. The Hornady Manufacturing company decided to think out of the ordinary by building a load to address precisely what they wanted and constructed a rifle around that.
WHAT IS THE 300 PRC AMMO GOOD FOR?
The 300 PRC bullets are designed for long-range shooting. It can take down targets at a distance of up to 1,000 yards with excellent accuracy and reliable performance, making it an ideal choice for competitive shooters, hunters, and anyone who enjoys long-range shooting.
WHERE TO BUY 300 PRC AMMO?
You can buy the 300 PRC at Bulk cheap ammo store as we have a variety of 300 PRC ammo in stock for sale. Our selection includes different rounds, from full metal jacket to hollow point, so that you can find the perfect round for your needs. We also offer competitive prices and fast shipping so you can get your ammo quickly and easily.
WHO MAKES 300 PRC?
Several major brands make 300 PRC ammo, including Hornady, Barnes, and Federal. All our collections of 300 PRC ammo in stock for sale are from top ammo brand manufacturers, made with high-quality components, and designed to perform reliably and accurately.
TYPES OF 300 PRC AMMO
There are a few different types of this ammo, such as soft-point, flat base, hollow-point, and even frangible, designed to break up on Impact, reducing the risk of ricochet and over-penetration. These bullet types are ideal, from full-power hunting rounds to light target shooting.
Some major brands make 300 PRC ammo. Some of the brands producing this ammo are:
BENEFITS OF A 300 PRC
- Accurate– The 300 PRC is accurate, reliable, and easy to handle.
- Efficient– This load has excellent ballistic performance, a flat trajectory, and long-range accuracy.
- Affordable – Additionally, it is relatively cheap compared to other rifle calibers, making it a great choice for those on a budget.
- Great Impact on target – The 300 PRC can also provide more energy on Impact, making it an excellent choice for hunting.
- Easy Loading – This cartridge is highly accurate and consistent, and its short action makes it easy to load and unload.
300 PRC LOAD BALLISTIC PERFORMANCE
This cartridge type offers excellent ballistic performance and delivers consistent accuracy on a shoot. The original 300 PRC round is a 212-grain bullet traveling with propellant energy of 3,850 ft-lbs or a 225-grain weigh bullet traveling at an energy of 3,945 ft-lbs. The 300 PRC also has other bullets weights, such as the 150-grain load, which has a muzzle velocity of 3,100 ft/s and muzzle energy of 3,469 ft-lbs, and a 180-grain load that has a muzzle velocity of 2,800 ft/s and muzzle energy of 3,306 ft-lbs. This cartridge produces an impressive amount of energy on impact, making it an excellent choice for hunting. Its ballistic coefficients are .449 for the 150-grain and .460 for the 180-grain.
CAN YOU FIRE 300 PRC AMMO IN A 308 RIFLE
The 300 PRC cartridges are known to be long, while a 308 rifle has a short barrel, which cannot accommodate the 300 PRC ammunition. So, for this reason, the 300 PRC bullets cannot fit the barrel of a 308 rifle.
It is worth knowing that firing the wrong ammo in a gun, although it can fit the gun barrel and fire, you can seriously injure yourself and wreck your gun. If you choose or insist on doing this, it’s recommended that you know what you are doing and ensure it is safe.
300 WIN MAG VS 300 PRC
Several ammunition users have asked us the question to know what the difference between the 300 is Win Mag and the 300 PRC. From our analysis, these ammo types have the following differences.
- They generally have similar muzzle velocities, but one shoots bullets of heavier caliber than the other. Given the 300 PRC load shoots heavier bullets and has a higher bullet coefficient, it has a slightly flatter trajectory, a little more retained energy, lesser recoil, and less wind drift than a 300 Win Mag;
- The 300 Win Mag was originally designed in the early 1960s for hunters, while the 300 PRC was purpose-built for long-range shooting;
- The 300 PRC and 300 Win Mag shoot the same .308 diameter load, but the 300 PRC shoots better with heavier and longer cartridges;
- The 300 PRC has a lighter bullet with load grains being 212 gr or 225 gr, and hand loaders have used loads weighing up to 250 grain while the 300 Win Mag has bullets grains in ranges 150-210 grain, with the most common load grains being the 150gr, 165gr, 180 gr, 190gr, and 200gr bullets.
- The 300 Win Mag generally uses a rifling twist of 1:10, considered optimal for keeping stable rounds of its bullet range weight. The 300 PRC has a rifling twist of 1:8, which helps to stabilize its heavy, long, and high bullet coefficient cartridges.
- The 300 Win Mag has a shorter case neck than the 300 PRC (.264 Vs .3076)
- The 300 Win Mag has a larger freebore diameter than the 300 PRC.
- Target shooting
- Competitive shooting
While the load specification features below give a general idea of the 300 PRC Ammo, the exact cartridge capacities slightly depend on the brand of brass used.
- Case Type: Rebated rim
- Parent Case: 375 Ruger
- Case Length: 65.5 mm
- Maximum Overall Length: 93.4 mm
- Case Capacity: 77 grains
- Neck Diameter: 8.7 mm
- Bullet Diameter: 7.8 mm
- Rim Diameter: 13.5 mm
- Max Pressure (SAAMI): 65,000 psi
WHY CHOOSE US
With our experts and experience in the ammo market, we not only provide you with the best ammunition out there, but we have excellent customer service to help you make the right and informed ammo purchase based on your needs. Your satisfaction is our utmost goal.
We do not only have the best 300 PRC ammo for sale, but we also offer other ammo types. Visit our store today to explore our products and enjoy our best deals. Stock up on your PRC ammo today!
If you are looking for a reliable and accurate long-range cartridge, then the 300 PRC is an excellent choice. At Ammunition.com, we have 300 PRC ammo in stock and ready for sale.
Our selection includes a wide variety of rounds from some of the top brands in the industry, like Hornady, Barnes, and Federal, so you can be sure you are getting quality ammunition. Shop now and get your 300 PRC ammo today!